It’s cliched but… Time flies!
Looking up from burying your head too long into writing a novel, you realized that you’ve reached the middle mark of Nanowrimo!
I switched to writing a second novel about fantasy/romance and I’m glad I did because the words flowed and I kept having new ideas for the story. Catching up everyday I finally hit the 25,000 mark yesterday and fulfilled the daily writing goal!
What I went through for the past week:
- That exhilarating “Aha!” moment to change the role of a character to spice up the story. For that I earned a badge 😉
- I’m beginning to like my characters
- I thought I was a plotter but I realized I’m also a pantser when it comes to character dialogues and details
- At one point I saw plot holes gaping at me
- It slowed me down when I tried to fix it
- So I pushed it aside, made a note to revisit, and moved on
- Sometimes I slot in new scenes in previous chapters so that the story makes sense
These two weeks I’d been following many bloggers and writers on their Nano journey and learned a great deal. It’s awesome knowing that we walked a different path but share the same destiny.
I would like to thank all of you who had responded on my update #1. Sharing great ideas and inspiration to write, it motivates and keeps me writing on. 😀